Doesn’t boot after fresh install

I’ve done what you said but I still get the errors, for pacman -Rns aurman python-regex python-dateutil I get targets not found for aurman and python-date. After that I get the same errors any ideas.

If there are targets not found, it won’t have removed anything. Remove packages you don’t have from the command. So just do sudo pacman -Rns python-regex and try again.

no good I get error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies). Also I think its the some error but it says python-regex is unknown trust when trying to download packages.

Need 2017-12 version

I’m just thinking of a possible thing that I did wrong, one thing that I can think of is updating the os before installing but idk if that possible.

Don’t worry we will have a new version out soon.

Hi,
I’m new to the forum and I’m having the exact same problem. I installed Arch-labs a few days ago and everything went smoothly; them I spent some time doing some ricing and yesterday I wanted to start again from a plain install and I experience the same issue. I also tried to recover using the live system and chroot but the problem still persists. I confirm the problem is with python-regex and the signature key.

Any idea how to workaround without waiting for a new live image?

Thanks

@Masikay this seems to be a common issue at the moment. This should be resolved once there is a new iso. Smoke is working super hard to get the new one ready to go. Please be patient for a little longer!

Thanks @LionessAlana, I will wait for the new iso. For the moment I’m using Manjaro, but I want to reinstall Archlabs.

@Masikay we really appreciate your patience! I think this next iso is going to be the best yet, but we are definitely aware that it’s taking longer than usual to get it out to you all/

@Dobbie03 @LionessAlana @natemaia Thank you guys and the entire Arch Labs team, the new 18.12 update fixed all the issue I’ve been having! Absolute legends :muscle:

Just gonna add a little edit to your post. You forgot to mention someone very important who is the backbone behind this update :smiley: Nate!

Hope you don’t mind!

A complete newbie here, a question if I may piggy ride on this thread as I am also encountering this issue of reinstalling (currently d/ling the latest 12/18 iso).

As I read from Arch wikis and tutorials, I understand it requires 4 partitions: Boot / Swap / Root / Home.

However, from my ArchLabs installation, it only asked for which partition should the OS be installed on and that is it. Thus, my question is, when you said sudo mount root (sda2) and boot (sda1) … what should I do? All my installation is in one partition sda4.

In most cases, root would be the part that would hold the OS. And in most cases, boot would be the smaller/est part.

Have a look at this thread : ArchLabs on YouTube
You may find the vis interesting and probably answer some of the questions you may have after the fact.

Welcome and happy Labing!

happy you came to a resolution :slight_smile:

Are we not marking the the header as ‘SOLVED’ any longer? (Seems to me, it’s easier for others to find)

Just using the tick box. Shows in the thread list.

Okiday :slight_smile: