Doesn’t boot after fresh install

Hey there, I have just fully installed the latest version of ArchLabs after previously having been a Windows 10 user. Prior to the install the only way to get it running off a USB was by adding the nouveau.modeset=0 command as my laptop has both intel and nvidia graphics.

After the install completed and it asked me for a reboot. I couldn’t get any further than the screen seen in the image attached. I’ve been messing about in GRUB for some time now but I’m still unable to get things working. Does anyone have any ideas? Appreciate your time and thank you for your advice! (Probably something to do with graphics)

Here’s a screen that appears after hitting enter at launch:

Are you dual booting by any chance?

Do this in a live session terminal

# check device tree
lsblk

# mount the root partition
sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt

# mount the boot partition
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/boot/efi

# chroot in
sudo arch-chroot /mnt

# ...
# fix
pacman -Syyu
mkinitcpio -p linux
grub-install --recheck --force --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=ArchLabs
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
# ...

# exit the chroot!!
exit 

You may have to install extra packages once you reboot into your system.

Hey, no im not dual booting, it’s a full on Linux install. I just like to have Grub around in case something goes wrong.

Try the solution in my post above and let me know how you go.

Cheers

Thanks Dobbie03 I’ll try that out now!

Just make sure you check your device partitions first with llsblk. You will need to edit the commands above if yours are different.

I don’t mean to sound dumb, but should I execute your given command lines in GRUB (grub>) after pressing F2 for a command line? Many thanks

Ah I think I got it, a live session from the flash drive. All the commands seem to be executing perfectly fine. The only thing im confused about is the #fix section as mentioned by you. Should I copy the entire fix in bulk or one line at a time? Cheers

Definitely this!

@DanGrv what @LionessAlana said! :smiley:

I got the same problem as DanGrv so I followed your instructions. Everything goes correctly execpt in this commands pacman -Syyu mkinitcpio -p linux and grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg. I’m new to this so I have no idea how to troubleshoot this, please help. Oh also idk if it matters but I have my os on sdb(I put sdb in commands instead of sda) which is a ssd and when rebooting unmount fails.

I’m a new user so I can’t post more screenshoots

Sorry if I’m a idiot

@natemaia, any ideas here?

Ignore me, didn’t read properly.

Huh so guess im not the only one, currently at the airport but i’ll make sure to run the commands tomorrow! I’ll keep everyone posted

Might be something up with the master key?

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=233480

delete & repopulate?

Yeah re-do your GPG and see how it goes.

forgot to mansion that I have a amd cpu x1800 to be specific and heres another screenshot

Without performing the update your systems will continue to be broken.

The conflicting package that seems to be causing issue: python-regex, should be removed.

Try

pacman -Rns aurman python-regex python-dateutil

Before running the update.

You can also do

pacman -Scc

to clear your package cache but this isn’t needed once they’re removed. Once done run the update again pacman -Syyu

I Do these 2 last commands (from the above post) every times I m on my AL install, works wonders @natemaia