Dobbie's in a contemplative mood

Today is my 40th and I awoke with a little hangover from last nights pre-birthday drinks and I’m sitting here nursing a cup of black coffee and pondering on ArchLabs and it’s community.

I have to say, I feel that the community here is one of the best, if not the best, on the world wide web.

Thanks everyone for all you do and thanks to my team especially with the patience of waiting for me to sort my personal life (work related as I am waiting on confirmation of a decent promotion but in the meantime I am doing two jobs at my current workplace and coming home utterly exhausted) so I can commit time to helping out with a new release.
@AvnSgt, @TimApple, @Chris, @dimaom, your patience is appreciated. Of course the solid, amazing work from my friend @natemaia. I vote for @natemaia for Canadian Prime Minister! … or do you guys have a President?

Again, thanks to all, its all of you that make this forum a great place to visit and hang out.

Cheers

Matt :beer:

10 Likes

C’mon, Matt - 40th is not yet memento mori. Just enjoy the next birthday, and all the best to you! Prescription: less coffee, more beer today. :wink:

Hahaha! Don’t think I am depressed, it just got me thinking.

I will be taking up your prescription later this evening when I head out to dinner with the family.

1 Like

I remember quite well my 30th and 40th birthday, and they were quite depressive. When I was about to turn 50, I ordered a new Chromebook as the birthday gift, and it was bull’s-eye. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t normally celebrate birthdays but this year I did and I had an amazing time!

2 Likes

Here, in eastern Poland, people tend to celebrate the name day instead of birthday. I stopped doing so after I turned 40, to emphasize the fact that I’m still alive. :wink:

1 Like

Why not celebrate both? Good excuse to have a party!

1 Like

No worries @Dobbie03, take your time… and Happy Birthday :birthday:

1 Like

I’m afraid I couldn’t stand 2 beer+BBQ parties a year. :)))

1 Like

Happy BD @Dobbie03

40s only a number, I m 54 & I am worst to my bosses than to me ! lol

Good luck on promotion related matters, hope it will work on your side.

Here in Canada they re called Prime Ministers, as rotten as Presidents if you know what I mean ! lol

2 Likes

Well, this year Happy Birthday Matt!! Have a nice day with the family!

Regarding the community, thanks also to you, @natemaia and the team for connecting so many different people from all over the planet around an awesome work

2 Likes

Thanks everyone!

@altman, in that case @natemaia for Prime Minister! He’ll keep the dirty rats in line :smiley:

1 Like

lol, you bet @Dobbie03

1 Like

Happy birthday @Dobbie03
And thank @natemaia
Thank for everything
Best regards

2 Likes

Happy birthday Matt! You’re still a kid! To be forty again…
The school year ends next week, so if you still need help with the distro, let me know. Hopefully, I’ll have my garden all done by next Tuesday, my back is killing me! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I know this pain all too well. Currently experiencing it myself :smiley:

Thanks @ector and @sevenday4 for the wishes.

2 Likes

Happy birthday mate! Hope its a good one.

kia huritau ki a koe

1 Like

Cheers my friend.

1 Like

@Dobbie03 have a good one. I passed the 40 threshold very recently myself, and yeah it made me reflect.

And I share your sentiment on the community - not to be taken for granted.

Happy B-day from me too and as nwg said: less coffee --> more beer! (or wine and/or something else)

2 Likes