Dobbie won't be around for a few days

You’re such a lucky man! Have been WFH for more than one year now and still don’t know when it can get back to normal. :mask:

1 Like

Did you hit the green?

GM

It’s good to see these photos at a time when man is cutting down so many trees to build roads or luxury housing …

If you are talking about what I think you are, then no. Or if you mean the greenness of the scenery then again, no. It’s just good old NZ.

We are lucky in many aspects when the current climate is concerned.

Please don’t think for a second NZ is clean and green. Big Money is slowly fucking our country too.

Oh I would like to point out that the burger in my above post was the highlight of my trip. So much so I had it two days in a row. I would drive the hour and a half just to eat that for lunch.

2 Likes

Lake Taupo >>> hint, hint … golf & hole-in-one. :golfing_man:

1 Like

Except for framing, housing includes only a fraction of the wood use as compared to the past. And even the framing has turned to steel & composites.

Roads … I guess it’s either that, Pony Express or flying saucers. And, I don’t have a pony or contrary to common folklore, a flying saucer.

Believe it or not, there’s still lots of forests & trees to cover us through to the next ice age.

:cold_face:

GM

Ah yes. You must have visited there before. I lined up for a turn but too many people so I went for a spin on the electric scooters instead. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes Dobbie03 … fondly. Total about a year over a two year period.

GM

1 Like

That’s cool to hear! Are you a fellow Kiwi? We used to have a holiday home over in Acacia Bay as kids. I have spent a fair bit of time in Taupo. One of my favourite places in this country. I have many, many fond memories there.

Nope, Upper Midwest US.

Most of the time spent in NZ was in North Harbour, but I was fortunate to have the opportunity to travel around both islands, including the Great Barrier Island. Wanaka to Queenstown was a favorite. We just stopped for dinner in Taupo on way to Napier. Nope, unfortunately not a hangi.

Special place!

GM

1 Like

Not a huge loss there :smiley: As long as you got to experience some Kiwi cuisine.

Sounds like you saw some decent parts of NZ. Hopefully someday soon you can return and explore further and get one of those hangi meals down ya,

1 Like

Absolutely, one day … :new_zealand:

1 Like

Which part you enjoyed most in your trip to Taupo?

Other than the burger at Paulys Diner, mainly spending alone time with Mrs Dobbie03. Also visiting my old childhood haunts.

2 Likes

Wholy cow, looks like giant burgers over there ! Looks tasty also !

They were incredible. I had to take a few seconds after my first bite to comprehend what I had just eaten.

Just top quality food that we don’t have here in Napier.

1 Like

we all need the vacation. If we here were not on lockdown, i would do so, go to a far away mountains with view of the vast seas and hope to stay away from this polluted city.

1 Like

I feel for all of you guys not being able to move around normally. Life here in NZ is so good right now. I hope for your guys sake, it starts returning to normal sooner rather than later.

Sorry for spamming, this is about one hour drive from my home town in the very north-east of Romania, I just need a bit more will to go out more often.

3 Likes