DNS server on resolv.conf

I would like to ask if there is any specific reason why the /etc/resolv.conf file has this structure.
I experienced serious delays in every query I tried before switching to other dns servers such as google or openic.
Thanks in advance
Keep up that great work

Not sure how to answer this other than, the resolv.conf is generated at the time of install, by NetworkManager.
Have you read the man pages for resolv.conf and looked at the ArchWiki to address DNS performance issues related to your connect?

Beyond that, it does not really makes sense to customize the DNS for all installs, as not everyone will experience this issue. Sometimes delays like this can be easily fix by flushing the DNS cache, without the need to completely change your DNS. I hope this helps, but it is difficult to respond, with a vague description of the overall issue.

Corrected Spelling

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. My overall knowledge of NetworkManager is somewhat incomplete. I read the ArchWiki and followed the procedure to resolve my slow query issue. Thought this was a common issue but I understand why this should be changed for every install.