DK workspaces

No no output at all.

As long as I only use one (1) window/ws I am fine. When I open a second and third window they end up to the left side and the first window gets pushed to ws2 and if there is one window open on ws2 it ends up behind.Built from bitbucket.

womp

Try it without your polybar.

1 Like

I am not using any bar yet.

womp

What’s this?

1 Like

It’s because it’s try to split the workspace into master and stack but the numbers are nan so it’s shoving things off screen. I just don’t understand why, 0.5 is a number. I wonder if it’s locale based, have you tried a comma instead of period?

I am planning to use polybar! Saw no need to delete that.

womp

Just tested with same result. Will check with comma and period options as well.

With comma I get this

dkcmd: error: set: invalid value for ws: _apply

womp

But that stanza is (re)loading the i3-bar - which doesn’t appear in your screenshot. Is the i3-bar there before the windows get shoved to the left? There may be a module with that bar messing you up. Comment out that section then log out/log in to dk.

What’s casing the curved windows? Try dk after commenting out picom in your .xprofile.

1 Like

I think these were very good ideas but unfortunately none of them had any impact.

womp

LOL, man, you have too many things installed and (mis)configured. Even Nate himself can not help you. :grinning:

I would say just do a fresh install of AL. Follow DK & sxhkd documents carefully and use the sample dkrc and sxhkdrc as basis. You will see how easy it is to configure and use dk. Good luck!

Just what I have been thinking for awhile!!

womp

dk reminds me of herbstluftwm acts much in the same way.

Only one thing how do you start a bar with this tried several ways none work. I just find it hard to control a WM without a bar of some sort.

I don’t use xprofile nor xintirc to start programs like compton , dunst , nitrogen , etc they must be started from within the wm config file, or autostart file only related to that WM.

You are so right about this. :+1: But to me thats where the problem start’s it would be better if each WM could have it’s own sxhkdrc file.

1 Like

@dimaom Do you also get nans for the split ratios?

@womp I’ve been trying some things throughout the day but no luck yet, not able to reproduce. Did you edit the config.h in anyway?

2 Likes

No i did not edit config.h at all.
I think @chroot is right. I have too many wms on the same system (with mis-configurations). I will start over with DK and a fallback.

Womp

1 Like

lol. good call. your .xprofile said it all.

Hi again!

Have made a reinstall of AL and trying to set up DK.
I start through xinitrc.
Have installed sxhkd and start sxhkd in .xprofile (or is xinitrc a better way?)
I have made a couple of keybindings to firefox and thunar.
The good thing is that now the windows split nicely!
Only a few keybinds work. alt+p, alt+w (firefox), alt+t (thunar) super+Return for example.
Can not change workspace and most dk-keybinds do not work.

# view, send, or follow to a workspace (by number)
alt + {_,shift + ,ctrl + }{1-9,0}
        dkcmd ws {view,send,follow} {1-9,10}

is default in dk sxhkdrc so nothing is changed.
dkrc is also default.

What am I missing!

womp

1 Like

Oops ididit again! (chmod+x)!
Now keybindings is working!

And unfortunately the problem with splitting windows is back!

Got a dkrc error. Invalid command: wixn_minxy. What is that? What do I change that to?

The problem with

womp

Best way is to have sxhkd started from the dkrc file which is the default setup.

Do what @chroot suggested, use the default configurations provided and get dk running properly, then you can start tweaking the setup.

2 Likes