Default polybar .config

Hi, being both a newb and a total clown, I have copied over my polybar configs so could somebody share the default polybar .config files or let me know a way of getting them please?

Cheers (and sorry for being a pain).

spike

@spike don’t beat yourself up man (woman?), sorry I am at work so I don’t have the file at hand. Please note there are more than one file to configure polybar, can you specify which one you need? Thanks

Hi, I have discovered that I have the files but I can not get polybar to display. Also, sorry if I am not meant to edit a post, i.e. I should have replied to the post. Anyway, it seems like I have created a different problem so don’t worry about the files. Hope I haven’t wasted your time.

spike

ps. If you have an inkling reagrding what I have done to stop polybar from showing, please tell.

you can start checking your autostart file and see if the line that starts polybar is commented out.
That would be the easy fix.
The file is in the .openbox folder and can be opened directly from the menu under Preference>Openbox>Autostart>edit autostart - or something like that, as I said I am now at work using Windows 10 :sob:

1 Like

Hi, I managed to get it wokring. I never had a polybar linein autostart so I added one and when I reinstalled archlabs-polybar, the config file included “liveuser” in the path so I replaced it with my username and lo and behold it appeared like new. Made up. Thanks again for all your help and now I have had my fingers burnt I will hold off on messing with stuff that I don’t know what to do with!

Cheers again.

spike

1 Like

Glad you fixed it, no worries to mess around: it’s the best way to learn.
Here we do it all the time.