Custom Startpages

startpage

Do you guys use a custom startpage? If you do share it here.

1 Like

I finally got mine finished. The backend is a fucking mess but it works

8 Likes

Nicee @Dobbie03

Mine s all stock, no mods, lol

1 Like

That is pretty cool… is it something you did from scratch or is there a template or something you started with?

0 Likes

I edited the original from @elenapan and added a search bar + wallpaper.

1 Like

One without the bookmarks. For some reason they aren’t scrolling, I need to fix that.

1 Like

Mine is a modified (change colors and bookmarks) version of the original startpage from here:
https://github.com/irenegr/fogland/tree/master/things

2 Likes

Nice! I really miss irene/fog. She was/is one talented lady.

1 Like

@Dobbie03 Yes, she is. It is sad that i discovered her work so late. She has so many interesting scripts etc. on her site.

0 Likes

Yes, a talented person. I wonder what became of her?

0 Likes

I wonder too. Maybe no time anymore for stuff like this. But who knows…

1 Like

:man_shrugging: I don’t know either!

1 Like

Then we are 2. :rofl:

@Dobbie03 I think, i ask her. Maybe i have luck.

1 Like

Nice @subjunkie

1 Like

I use palemoon and they have start.me as home page which is not too bad. Its behind a pay wall for extra features like customization, but the default is pretty good. You can check it out here https://palemoon.start.me/

Ive never really looked to far into having a customised startpage, bookmarks do just fine but can see this is eye candy.

0 Likes

Where do I put this folder?
homepages
In .mozilla?

0 Likes

You can make a custom startpage with simple html and css/javascript and place it in any folder in $HOME, you just need to direct the browser to the link in preferences/general/homepage if using firefox.

0 Likes

I try starpages on firefox and it happens to me that when I reboot I lose all the bookmarks, does it happen to you too?
Of course I had the .mozilla backup and I still have them all.
Cheers

0 Likes

Have a look at a firefox addon called Tabliss, its very similar to a highly customizable startpage but for tabs, you can also set the startpage to use the addon as well, only it has to use it for all new tabs as well.

1 Like

Looks nice @s7l

1 Like