ArchLabs Linux

Crash on Logout Action

OS crashes when i click the logout icon in whisker menu. I never get the logout dialog box (which contains buttons for shutdown, restart, etc)

New issue: used to work fine.

Warnings:

gpg-agent returned no PID in the variables...

xfsm_manager_load_session: something wrong with /home/johny/.cache/sessions/xfce4-session-myegg:0, Does it exist? Permissions...

Unable to get XDG user directory path for special directory &DOCUMENTS. Ignoring this location. 

Unable to get XDG user directory path for special directory &MUSIC. Ignoring this location. 

Failed to send GetTerminationStatus message to zygote(11) Server terminated successfully. 

Does the system crash if you switch to the regular xfce menu and try to logout?

This may be a bug in xfce 4.12. My logout dialog box only has the Logout option, Reboot and Shutdown are greyed out (same for Whisker Menu). I can Logout without crashing.

If I use the rofi_run script:

rofi_run -l

I can still logout; Selecting Reboot or Poweroff requires authentication, but neither my username password or root password is accepted.

yes, also crashes with application menu.

this is a new issue-- used to work.

Update:
This is basically happening because i unchecked “Prompt on logout” in xfce startup settings. My bad.

Now the only question is, are those warnings of concern?

thx!

Those look like a couple directories didn’t get created; you have ~/Documents and ~/Music?