Check this out.

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

I still like this one, :smile:

$cat /proc/cpuinfo

4 Likes

Nice.

I wonder why all tools report Max Frequency 2.3, while in specs it’s 2.30–4.00 GHz.

4 Likes

Not sure, mine reports correctly. Might be a bug?

Not in CPUfetch, if at all. I’d blame MSI firmware first.

1 Like

I tend to agree here

There’s at least 1 update pending since August 2020. Haven’t had enough beer so far to dare to install it. :wink:

1 Like

Hahahah, personally that would be something I would attempt bone sober :smiley:

When I’m sober, I realize that everything works well on the current version.

1 Like

Much the same but on VB.

3 Likes

@nwg re peak performance, comment from the dev in the Reddit thread:

Peak performance in x86_64 is calculated using get_str_peak_performance (see https://github.com/Dr-Noob/cpufetch/blob/master/src/x86/cpuid.c#L727). Esentially, the formula is PP = CORES * FREQUENCY * NUMBER_VPUS * 2 (If CPU has FMA) * VECTOR_WIDTH.

If you are interested, you can find more information in another project of mine, peakperf (https://github.com/Dr-Noob/peakperf).

Please note that peak performance in cpufetch is NOT accurate, since the frequency used in the formula must be a different one than the maximum frequency of the CPU. Moreover, peakperf can provide the peak performance measurement accurately.
1 Like

Thanks! I’ll give a try to peakperf-git, as soon as I can read the README. tl;dr for tonight. :smiley:

2 Likes

Cool little program, definitely not the most accurate with certain things.

2 Likes

No definitely not.

Look at you with your fancy 16 cores :smiley:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Man I had some great times overclocking my old FX-8350, those chips and the AM3(+) platform still have yet to be beaten for extreme overclocking and are one of the most fun. Still great chips for basic desktop usage.

1 Like

@natemaia
I agree with you there. I haven’t overclocked it yet, but in terms of daily desktop use, it’s the best chip I’ve had so far (4years).
I am seriously considering if I should ever get another one.
Hardware-wise, it was the best buy ever from me.

1 Like

Unless the price is right I would look into ryzen instead, they’re significantly more powerful and power efficient.

1 Like