Covergloobus

Anyone else use Covergloobus here?

Yep.

Matt can you remind me please of the plugin I need for audacious 3 to work in covergloobus?

Nop, didn t know it existed ! Might give it a shot shortly.Thx for that .

@philT, Copy and paste in terminal:

sudo wget -O /usr/share/covergloobus/players/Audacious3.py_.tar.gz http://entornosgnulinux.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Audacious3.py_.tar.gz; sudo tar -xvf /usr/share/covergloobus/players/Audacious3.py_.tar.gz -C / usr / share / covergloobus / players /; sudo rm /usr/share/covergloobus/players/Audacious3.py_.tar.gz

Yes! Thanks @anon37345411 #legend

lol, a machine !Keep it on mate.

@philT, @anon37345411 was too quick :smiley:

Speeding Ticket big time now ! lol

@philT, @anon37345411

Since I’ve been using it a lot, let me add an alternative way. There are 3 covergloobus builds in rhe AUR. Install the covergloobus-bzr and you are set. It has more plugins than the other two. If I’m using a Debian based distro, I made a note on building covergloobus from the bzr branch but adding the audacious plugin is quicker.

Thanks @m00n thats a good tip.

Not on AL, but on KDE Neon. My fav theme is the elementary-os one on deviantart. Simple & elegant with a bit of font customization that I do.

Using covergloobus with mpd
Can any covergloobus veterans confirm if seekbar, time & length display has ever worked before with mpd? Only the cover art, titles and playback controls are functioning. Using the ICS Orange theme, it works fine with other music players. I wanted to use this theme with ncmpcpp.

I had a couple of configs that worked okay with MPD though that was a long time ago.

It still works fine except seekbar, time & length in config are non-functional with mpd. Troubleshooting it for days got me nowhere. Throwing in the towel.

I’ve been using conky instead of covergloobus for a while now.

I noticed it. For me, there is a certain appeal to the various covergloobus themes that aren’t replicated yet in the conky alternative.

I totally agree 100%. It was with reluctance I moved away.

People were very passionate about it back then. Lots of creativity and an explosion of designs. I’ll keep using it until the day it stops working.