Conky autostart

What config file starts conky in the default setup for Openbox. It’s not in ~/.config/openbox/autostart.

There shouldn’t be a conky with the default setup.

tint2 is the panel. Anything autostarted should be in ~/.xprofile or ~/.config/openbox/autostart

/etc/xdg/autostart is the other location for startup applications; openbox reads files in that location.

4 Likes

Odd, I’m trying to figure out where I ended up auto-starting conky then. It’s not in ~/.xprofile or ~/.config/openbox/autostart. Yet it attempts to start prior to the compositor leading to it getting buried after nitrogen or openbox starts. Maybe I accidentally copied over a config when hopping from my last distro. Thanks!

Check for a conky.desktop in /etc/xdg/autostart and ~/.config/autostart directories.

You using a DE like xfce where you autostart conky?

Just the default openbox setup which uses xfce setttings.

Nothing in either place odd. There is a ArchLabs.conkyrc in ~/.config/config. But I don’t see it called in either /etc/xdg/autostart and ~/.config/autostart.

I did notice that nitrogen --restore & is called twice. Once in ~/.config/openbox/autostart and in ~/.xprofile.

The nitrogen call is an artifact from earlier release. You can remove one of those lines.

Actually, remove the line from your .xprofile and leave the line In ~/.config/openbox/autostart. Let openbox set the wallpaper after it reads its session file

3 Likes