Collection of Tint2 executors


Great job there @nwg . Keep it on.


psuinfo 0.0.5-1

-W<number> argument added. Allows to select 0 to n-th element from multiple output

W stands for Which. Use together with -I<component> for drives / mountpoints, to avoid seeing uninteresting info, as e.g. boot or efi partition.

The line below consists of 8 executors, using commands: psuinfo -Cg , psuinfo -Ia , psuinfo -It , psuinfo -If , psuinfo -IM , psuinfo -In -W0, psuinfo -In -W1 and psuinfo -Iu:



Text next to icons added to, and



Top job again @nwg


Picture in OP updated.


Nice pic in there @nwg


Fantastic! Just keeps getting better and better.


Well, thanks to some feedback I received, and 3 contributors so far. What worries me is that I’m running out of ideas. :wink:


Might be a blessing in disguise. You don’t want so many executors that it becomes overwhelming :smiley:


Haha! I like the LCARS-like desktop. And only what I really use got to the picture. BTW: I must turn the swap usage indicator on. To remind me not to add the swap partition next time. :wink:


To each their own :smiley:

Give me sparse and minimal.


Finally we all end up on Gentoo + i3. :smiley:


lolol GentooLabs!


No f…g way. But I used to say the same about Arch.


Yeah I am fine with just ArchLabs… GentooLabs sounds like far too much work.


Recommendable, indeed. I’ll probably stick to vanilla Arch on my main machine, but I’ll always find a computer or partition for ArchLabs.


Running out of ideas are you?

Network up/down speeds. I found a couple of psutil scripts for it on stack overflow, but they were giving syntax errors on my systems. Couldn’t figure out how to fix them.


Why not? Once I attempted to write it, but given up for a reason I don’t remember. I also count on contributors, as the project has been forked (twice so far). Finally a subjective selection of well tested scripts is likely to become an AUR package.


I took a look at one of them, as much buggy, as oversized. IMO 4 lines of code is enough:

result_start = psutil.net_io_counters()
result_finish = psutil.net_io_counters()

print('UL:{:0.2f}'.format((result_finish[0] - result_start[0]) / 1024) + ' DL:{:0.2f}kB/s'.format(
    (result_finish[1] - result_start[1]) / 1024))

Output of such a draft looks like this:


Surely it needs to be modified to fit the psuinfo command.

Since Tint2 fires a new instance of the script every certain interval, we can not really measure precisely without writing results to disk, which I’d like to avoid. The snippet above will just measure for a second every each Tint2 interval. This should be informative enough.


Nice work; using it as a separate executor for now:

impressed with the memory footprint.