Collection of Tint2 executors

Challenged by @Glenn, I introduce to you my collection of scripts to use in Tint2 panel executors. Some time ago I started taking online notes, to avoid searching the same solutions after each Arch/Openbox installation. Recently I published them as a GitHub project. The most part of them is documented in the project Wiki. Feel free to use whatever you like.

A selection of scripts currently running on my machine:

EDIT Nov 29th: picture updated to reflect the latest changes, including separation the psutil-based script as another project and the psuinfo AUR package, and a selection from other executors as the t2ec AUR package.

November 2018 Screenshot Thread
November 2018 Screenshot Thread
Show Us Your Tint2

Awesome, shame I don’t use Tint2 anymore :smiley:
Looks cool though.

Thanks! You know, it’s never too late to convert. :rofl:

Since they’re python scripts, these should be usable as polybar custom executors as well, shouldn’t they?

@nwg, Openbox has had a good run with me. Onwards and upwards with i3.

@PackRat, more than likely, I’d need to look into it.

Again, great job @nwg

@altman Thanks again. :slight_smile:
@PackRat, @Dobbie03 - I’ve not (yet?) fallen in love with Polybar, but it sounds like a plan for tonight.

lol, no problem mate.

Addictive window manager, isn’t it.

@nwg -

is python-psutil a suite of pre-built python modules you’re pluggin into a script, or are you coding these from scratch?

As described here, psutil is a cross-platform library for retrieving information on running processes and system utilization (CPU, memory, disks, network, sensors) in Python. I came across a simple usage at the BunsenLabs forum, and thought to make use of other psutil functions. Surely more could be done.

@nwg very nice man! :slight_smile: Fantastic work on the graphic as well.

Thanks! A friend of mine (a professional graphic designer by the way) said it reminded him of GNOME2. Well, I spent a lot of time on GNOME.

How do you guys switch desktops if you do not have Polybar at hand? On my Arch machine I simply scroll up/down over the desktop, but it doesn’t work for me on ArchLabs with the Tint2 panel. Never mind, I hate switching desktops by accident, which happens to me all the time. There’s an app executor for that. :slight_smile:

desktop-icon

I thought it would be good to switch desktops by scrolling over an icon only. If you like the idea, you’ll find more details here.

Key bindings mostly; should have some defaults set up in the openbox rc.xml.

I disabled all the mouse actions to change desktops - for the same reasons as you.

I suppose it’s the most common attitude. But my left hand is usually holding e-cigarette, so the main tool is my forefinger. :slight_smile:

In case someone used the cpu-fan-memory.py script:

In response to the feature request, I’ve re-written the code from scratch and published as the new cpu-fan-mem.py script. The old version is now deprecated. The new one produces fully customizable output. Details in Wiki.

Great job @nwg . Wonder if you can or want to update your 1st post accordingly. Just my 2 cents here.

Good point, thanks! I need my laptop and source .svg, so it must wait till I’m back home.

No problem @nwg . Keep it on .

I’ve just updated the picture in OP, for it to reflect better latest additions.

Also: two new features in cpu-fan-mem.py: [q] | [Q] component displays fre(q)uency for each thread; [-N] argument turns on labeling fields with their names. The full set looks like below:

python ~/tint2-executors/cpu-fan-mem.py [-C{components}] [-F] [-N] [-T]

-C stands for Components:

g - (g)raphical CPU load bar
    p - (p)ercentage for each core (text)
    a - (a)verage CPU load (text)
    q - fre(q)ency for each thread
    Q - fre(Q)ency for each thread/max frequency
    s - current CPU (s)peed
    S - current/max CPU (S)peed
    t - CPU (t)emperature
    f - (f)an speed
    m - (m)emory in use
    M - (M)emory in use/total

-F - use Fahrenheit instead of ℃
-N - display field names (except for (g)raphical CPU load bar)
-T - show execution time (for setting executor interval, see Wiki)