Changing xresources to font breaks rofi and does not display chosen font in terminal

I recently wanted to change all system fonts to Terminess Nerd Font size 15. I was successful in changing the polybar by editing the master.conf in the config folder but now I would like to also change the rofi and terminal emulators to this same size and font style as well. I pasted what I used in the master.conf, “TerminessTTF Nerd Font:size=15:antialias=false;2” into the many places that had alread pre-assigned fonts and sizes. This broke rofi and also did not display the specified font in the terminal emulator. Could someone teach me how to do this?

Thrawn

Try
xft:TerminessTTF Nerd Font:regular:size=15
in Xresources

This yielded the same result.

In a terminal, you can try:

fc-match -a | grep -i Terminess

to see what the actual name of the font is.

This did not solve my problem but brought light to a whole new problem. Apparently during the post-install hello wizard the nerd fonts package failed to install. I’m not sure why. WIll write back after the install.

I’m writing back to report that I cannot seem to install the nerd fonts package (nerd-fonts-complete) from the AUR. It seems to timeout during download. Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe it is my internet?

Problem fixed. The proper way to write it for those who are interested is:
rofi.font:TerminessTTF Nerd Font 15

1 Like