Change of Forum etc

Hi Everyone

Long story short, we are needing to make some changes with the forum. We are going to move to a new forum provider. We will attempt to migrate as much as we can from Discourse to the new forum but there is a chance you may either have to sign up again or reset your password.

Info is a little shortcoming until we are set on where and when.

I will update this post as we go.

8 Likes

Thx for the warning , hopefully it wont be too many issues migrating & we wont loose too many stuff also.

Keep it on m8

Change is good :ok_hand:

Talking further with @sqamsqam it appears we will be starting from scratch again :frowning:
Oh well.

Well that sux, all this for nothing.

Shit happens. It could be a lot worse :smiley:

You bet.

How big is the forum site… and what software does it need to run on? I may be able to help some; if I know what you need.

You probably already checked these out @Dobbie03

https://free.discourse.group/

Also interesting but perhaps too risky…

https://flarum.org/

@Dobbie03 Ok. I’ll keep an eye on the thread

2 Likes

Would be nice but it won’t work out for us.

The new forum set up is coming along nicely.

We plan on running the two side by side for a while until we get people migrated over.

Still a ton of work to get done but we are getting there slowly.

I don’t feel migrated being a “Junior Member”.

LOL it goes from post count. As we have to start from scratch everyone will be a Junior Member. Even you long in the ArchLabs tooth types.

Understood.

One thing we will do is implement custom user titles. Once we are live I will ask people if they want that.

@sqamsqam is in the process of setting up Discourse on Digitalocean.

I am beginning my quest to find some sort of substantial sponsorship for ArchLabs. Any advice or direction there will be really appreciated.

1 Like

Dunno what “substantial” means, but you could expect some contribution from forum-addicted people, e.g. myself.

Just more than the little amount we receive as what we get now basically covered the domain costs. :smiley:

Anything is appreciated :smiley: Though I’d like to get sponsorship from somewhere.