Can only boot using fallback initramfs option

OK, I did it, rebooted (with the new AL grub menu) and it went through flawlessly! Thank you O Slavic Angel! A big SPACIBA to you! May you have a great day Sir!

Please note that in the future, when updating the kernel in ubuntu, everything may happen again, and you should install grub from ubuntu.

Oh I see. Got it. Will do that for sure Mr. Slav.

The OP will probably need the µcode for their processor (but not both, obviously) so removing those is not the best idea.

@vinay: remove either the intel-ucode or amd-ucode package, keep whichever one is appropriate for your processor.

I know that Debian’s GRUB has trouble handling /boot/*-ucode.img and I presume Ubuntu is also afflicted, to get ArchLabs booting with Ubuntu’s GRUB the OP can place a file at /boot/grub/custom.cfg in their Ubuntu system with this content:

menuentry 'ArchLabs (custom)' {
   uuid=17437118-925c-40b0-8d54-b0f18b6d36bd
   search --fs-uuid --set=root $uuid
   linux /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=$uuid rw
   initrd /boot/amd-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-linux.img
}

^ That presumes the OP has an AMD processor, replace amd-ucode.img with intel-ucode.img if this is not the case.

To reinstall GRUB from Ubuntu boot that system and run this command as root:

dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc

Then the OP won’t have to remember to update GRUB manually (Ubuntu will update the configuration automatically and ArchLabs doesn’t need a new configuration after kernel updates).

1 Like

OK, I will reinsert intel (since I am running on a pentium). Thank you.
I will also place the file in /boot/grub/custom.cfg. Thank you again.
Great distro guys. Loving it. Pure class. Dang, the nvim config itself says CLASS and all the nice touches to dwm.
PS: Pl. also help me w/ the printer install. I had it working, but now it does not work. I created a topic on it.