ArchLabs Linux

Broadcom-wl installed but I have intel-wifi

Hi AL-friends!!

I am a little confused over wifi drivers. I have Intel Corporation Wireless 7265 (rev 59) but broadcom-wl is installed!? I find that a bit strange. Isn’t intel-wifi in kernel? Can I remove broadcom?

Womp

broadcom-wl drivers are provided/installed by default so users with broadcom can get online and install without issue. If you don’t have any broadcom hardware (like me) you can uninstall the driver. Run:

lspci

in a terminal first to make sure there isn’t some boradcom hardware you’re forgetting about.

1 Like

Hi!
No broadcom hardware here!

womp

Guess that @PackRat meant is for you to post output of lspci from terminal @womp

1 Like

HI @womp, please use titles that describe your issue

1 Like

Not really, I was just reminding @womp to verify that he has no broadcom hardware before he removes the broadcom-wl.

The desktop I have ArchLabs installed on is hard wire only and no broadcom hardware, so I remove the broadcom wireless package. Never had an issue after doing so.

Doesn’t matter if it’s installed or not, just my minimalist nature kicking in.

1 Like

Hey cool , guess I misunderstood here @PackRat

1 Like

Yes I did understand that. But lspci did not show any bcm hardware. I have uninstalled broadcom now and there are no problems. I understand why it is installed by default and I think it is very good that it is! I just wanted to be on the safe side! I have a tendency to mess up my system!
This matter is solved!
Yes Dobbie! It was a very sloppy title! I will do better from now on!

Thanks for support guys!

womp

2 Likes

Cool, glad it s all settled on your side @womp

1 Like

Yeah thanks man! I have messed up my systems too many times uninstalling without thinking!

womp

1 Like

lol, guess I m the same here ! lol

1 Like

Go ahead and change the title in your original post.