Beginner programming languages

You should work for Reuters. My daughter works for them, and was asked to prepare some data comparison automation recently. She wanted to do it in python, but they told her to use Excel macros. :smiley:

BTW: Today I started a new project, that seemed to be quite easy at first sight. On the very beginning I got in trouble with multi-threading in GTK, which took me 7 hours. I’m going to bed at 3:30 am.

2 Likes

I’d take a side gig for sure, hook me up :smiley:

If she can do it in python, I’m sure she can do it in VBA, but if there are questions or something I can help with, let me know. I’m in excel all day, so I learned how to automate a lot of the crap I had to do, sadly somebody at work noticed after awhile.

4 Likes

Better she do it in excel. Maybe at least it will work.

I, on the other hand, work in an office where the IT Crowd wrote their last program for their diploma thesis 20 years ago, and Excel is used to store a database of correspondence addresses. OK, maybe in the accounting department they use it as intended.

1 Like

2 Likes

Looking for gtk-layer-shell support in Go for a week, to no avail, I’m starting to suspect where the language name comes from: Go and learn Rust.

1 Like