ArchLabs Linux

Azote wallpaper manager

Hard @ work @nwg

This was beyond my plans for today. Would wait a couple of weeks w/ no bugs to fix.

Yep, sounds good to me.

Azote 1.7.2 released

Due to some AUR issues I had to skip v1.7.1 tag. Azote 1.7.2 is considered the latest stable release.

One more little gadget: pick a colour from the screen. The colour is the dominant of the region you selected, calculated by the colorthief library.

For now it requires grim and slurp packages, so only works on sway.

Alright, the Screen color picker already works on both sway and not sway. Openbox in the picture below:

This will require installation of optional packages:

• grim and slurp for sway (or just swayshot, it depends on both of them);
  • maim and slop on X11 (maim installs slop as its dependency).
2 Likes

Hard @ work again @nwg Nicee . Keep it on.

Might edit the 1st sentence on Screen color picker already works on both sway an not sway. last post, unless I understood it wrong.

Too early for me I guess ! lol

1 Like

I forgot to press ‘d’. :slight_smile:

Azote v1.7.3 released

New:

• Screen color picker: grabs the dominant colour of a selected screen area.

Dependencies:

• wmctrl dependency removed;
  • grim, slurp - optional dependency added: for screen color picker on Sway;
  • maim - optional dependency added: for screen color picker on X11; (it’ll also install slop, necessary as well).

Bug fixes:

• prevent program from crashing in case Sway not installed;
  • prevent program from crashing in case wallpaper folder manually removed;
  • fix for context menu not being shown if jpg or jpeg file association not detected;
  • icon_flip.svg converted from font to shape;
  • hardcoded ‘Copy as’ string replaced with the dictionary value.
2 Likes

Top work again @nwg

1 Like

Azote 1.7.4 released

• Layout adjusted to look well in light and dark GTK themes;
  • set_always_show_image(True) for all image buttons, to avoid setting gtk-button-images=1 in gtk-3.0/settings.ini;
  • toolbox windows properties modified (will only affect tiling WMs).

Since this release includes all the features I planned for this stage of development, no new one is expected very soon, unless major bugs are found. I started working on some new tools, but this may take weeks. For now they will only be available as azote-git, when merged into master.

If it comes to packaging the current release: please pay attention to new optional dependencies.

3 Likes

Top ! Hard @ work again @nwg

1 Like

Good work!

1 Like

Colours parsed from alacritty.yml. I want them to update on click with the value copied from the palette or the color picker window. I’m unsure if to produce the text to copy-paste into the dot file, or to edit alacritty.yml directly. It should be possible, as I’ve got it all imported into the dictionary, which could be dumped to the file.

screenshot

5 Likes

Wow, nicee @nwg

The toolbox to edit Alacritty colors. See the video to find out what the workflow looks like. It may be geeky rather than intuitive. :slight_smile:

screenshot

3 Likes

Wow, looks great @nwg

1 Like

Well, not really my first need, but someone may find it useful. Later I’ll also add a similar toolbox for .Xresources.

Meanwhile: latest additions seem to work well on dwmX by @mrneilypops.

4 Likes

Nicee @nwg