August 2022 Screenshot Thread

Absolutely @Peppe

Also, if you upload your images through scrot and paste the address … we can even zoom in on your screenshot.

2 Likes

A couple little hiccups in sway … jumped over to plasma x11 for a tiny bit more stability for the moment. Just looking to remap the meta key from app launcher to overview.

To remap the meta key to overview …

kwriteconfig5 --file kwinrc --group ModifierOnlyShortcuts --key Meta "org.kde.kglobalaccel,/component/kwin,,invokeShortcut,Overview"

and

qdbus org.kde.KWin /KWin reconfigure

Then just remapped the app launcher to Meta+space.

For tiling, I’m using the tiling script rather than kwin-bismuth as it’s behavior is all over the map in my experience.

Screenshot-20220807-053343

8 Likes

Thank you @eight_bit_al

9 Likes

Nice.
What is the icon set in the first screenshot?

fluxbox -

8 Likes
3 Likes

Top @elloquin

1 Like

9 Likes

Ah, alright. :wink:

8 Likes

Nice wall inthere @nwg

Workstation is back on Gnome. Briefly Plasma, because after a testing run with the minimalization of sway, i3 and qtile … I didn’t need a full, more traditional environment. Feels heavy, although it’s really not. My epiphany with shell on a small screen is to take advantage of workspaces per running application rather than tiling. Keyboard shortcuts are easy enough. When the day comes where a larger monitor can provide the real estate for workspaces, tiling will most likely be the solution.

3 Likes

i3 -

ai art wallpaper by @badkarma

7 Likes

Love this!

Something new, a rare thing on my side, wall s from someone in the forum that took that pic very recently !

9 Likes