At Last it is Here - The Stand TV Series

It is actually pretty good! I do miss the original Randall Flag and the original Lloyd was a better choice.
This new Harold… I like the character. And Whoopie actually makes a pretty good Mother Abigail

Now I just finished episode 5, and they should have put Dont Fear the Reaper like the original. It fit better but overall, it is pretty Ok.

I’m pretty sure I heard Don’t Fear the Reaper in this episode?

1 Like

You did - I just wish they did in near the beginning like the original series. Very well placed - this whas when the virus first escaped the base

I find that a bit hard to believe since, in the past, King has wanted movies/TV of his books to be faithful to the original.

I know King was not happy at all with the movie version of The Shining (mainly Shelly Duvall’s character) so he got personally involved with the mini-series (Rebecca De Mornay in the female lead).

I didn’t see King’s name in any of the credits; has been interviewed about this series?

1 Like

I read an article that was saying King was involved in the production. Please don’t ask me for the article as I can’t find it.

Kubrick fucked up The Shining. I can see why King doesn’t like it.

Either way, it’s what I am telling myself :smiley:

Ah yes would have been a nice throwback. Fun Fact, the BoC drummer sang the lead vocals on Don’t Fear the Reaper. Did a pretty fine job. Love me some BoC.

1 Like

So - tonight was episode 6. Enter Trash-Can man AND, exit Nick. F’in creeepy ass dude. I tell ya, as each episode progresses, they keep gettig creepier and creepier.

Yeah, to me it’s a little over the top some of the portrayals but still gets the point across.

Personally I would have liked to have seen a 20-25 episode telling for this story. There are so many cool things that have been either left out or briefly touched upon.

Anyway. So far so good.

3 Likes

7th episode was rather interesting. I like the ending with Nadine.

Don’t want to say too much, you know spoilers.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see how they wrap it up this week. I seem to recall a good bit left.

Yeah we are getting close to the end of the main story now.