Archlabs Podcast?

Hi Folks

Have you ever thought of an Arch/Archlabs podcast?
I suppose it would be nerdy, but I see value to users that are afraid of the dark corners of the Arch/Archlabs world.

Thoughts ?

2 Likes

I would love to see/hear one perhaps monthly?

1 Like

same :slight_smile:
would you have any topics in mind?

I was thinking, I keep talking to my mates about Arch(labs) and they are always afraid :smiley: :smiley: ( prob for the best )
but also I am thinking as far as Linux community goes Arch users seem to be more interested in specific areas of Linux vs Ubuntu users that ( IMAO ) might be interested in areas of what Linux can do ( vs how linux can do )

1 Like

Well - besides the obvious that relates to AL (DK, new release, some tips and how to, known issues)
Sure - it could expand to other things like some favorite tools/apps, comparisons to other Arch-centric distros.
Then of course, how we as a Linux can help the community etc, Pretty much anything really. It doenst always need to be tied to just AL but maybe Linux as a whole and the people that are involved along with other projects (Mozilla etc)

2 Likes

Do you know if there is any attempt from the folks on the Arch forum to approach that before? ( out of curiosity )
I hope to pick some people’s interest on a podcast and see how we can move it forwards…
It ,might not be the same success as the Kardashians but hey… might be good :slight_smile:

AL installer has to be the highlight.

1. the best of all Arch installers
  2. show users how easy it is even compared to Calamares

All Arch based distros are similar. The installer and the community around the distro make the difference.

1 Like

Well - not sure about “Arch” as in Arch opposed to the AL community - I suspect all here would enjoy it. Especially is we invite some of the AL users to partake in the cast.

I suspect that if this gets established, it may catch on if presented correctly and added to YT - even if there isn’t a video, audio podcasts can still be added.

Like with anything, it will take time to grow but it has to start out as being fun and entertaining. Mix in some seriousness and I think its a good format.

1 Like

I always trap myself when I ask the question :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Like I mentioned, if presented right - Linux users will find it informative and entertaining, even if they don’t use AL - BUT, we certainly want to be more AL-centric. This would attract folks to perhaps switch if not at least try it.

1 Like

Until the last version of the AL installer ( the one with TUI ncurses ), I was opposed to this statement.

Now I did reinstall ( today ) and I got the new linear 10 questions installer and I am extremely surprised how easy it is…
no too much fluff, easy for noobs, can be advance for the advanced users

1 Like

So - while I think this is a good thing, the elephant in the room; who does this, how often and what time
This will require time on whoever is involved.

I think once the above is worked out (just happens to be the hardest part) the rest pretty much falls into place.
Of course, this is assuming it is something that is wanted :wink:

@drummer could be a good candidate. The guy is in audio/video business and has tons of experience.

3 Likes

I was hopping if this thread has enough attention for a PoC to attempt to coordinate it :slight_smile:
Even for fun, get a bit of a chat with some folks and see.

I am arguably the LEAST qualified person to “manage” it but I am interested in taking the lead :slight_smile:
I do have some thoughts of

Where: Spotify Anchor ?
Who: Me, Us + help :slight_smile:
How Often: Once a month ?
Length: 30-45 mins
Topics: TBC
Involvement: Community, hopefully, folks in here that are new or old in the AL community.
Purpose: Have a place to talk and hopefully share the love for AL to people that don’t use it.
Influence others to join, but also see an alternative way of using Linux. break the wall of fear :sweat_smile:
Logo : AL on a microphone

Hopefully that could be a good debate point :slight_smile: ^^^

3 Likes

Really hoping to see where this post would be in one month’s time. That would be a good indicator of how many people would be even remotely interested to listen or participate.

1 Like

I really meant the LEAST qualified :smiley: :smiley: I had to edit it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

In one word, no.

It’s not something that interests me personally. If someone else wants to go ahead, you have my blessing, I’m sure the other guys would be on board.

I’d like to do a Drunk Linux Chat. Start the session sober, continue drinking and see where it goes. There would have to be a high tolerance for swearing and drunken behaviour though. It would have to be audio though as I would never show this ugly mug of mine to the world.

5 Likes

I assume you mean ‘pique’ not ‘pick’. :wink:

2 Likes

I never listened to any podcast to the end. :smiley:

2 Likes

Very well said hahaha same here ! :grin:

2 Likes

I have never listened to anyone’s podcasts except the ones I attempted to make on genealogical research. Needless to say the excitement of both producing and listening to mine has made it all but certain I’ll never listen to any. FWIW I also do not like youtube instructional videos.

My learning styles tend toward tactile and written… not audio- visual.

2 Likes