ArchLabs Linux

Archlabs new late 2019/ early2020 release, or no?

Just curious, for those of us who don’t follow Twitter, should we expect an upcoming new release of AL or no? I’d think something on the forum re the state of the distro would be much appreciated. Thx guys for all your efforts to date! AL is the best!

If you do your regular updates, everything should be and will remain current. Such is the nature of a rolling release. But you probably knew that.

We are working towards something but both Nate and I are swamped with real life work. At this point unless something changes for us then nothing is happening this year. I wanted to have something out but time hasn’t permitted.

To be honest of you currently have AL installed there isn’t really a need for a new ISO :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you for the update about the situation Dobbie03, much appreciated. :slight_smile: I will have some time off towards the end of this month. The plan is to tinker with some stuff that is long overdue. If all goes well I will do an install of the latest iso to see how upgrade goes just for the fun of it. :smiley:

And just for the record, do it the Debian way, release when ready! :wink:

2 Likes

That’s the plan :smiley:

Sounds good to me.

Sounds good to me also! No rush, just glad to know ArchLabs is alive and well!

1 Like