Archlabs 2022.01.18 Available for Download

ArchLabs 2022.01.18 is now available for download.

I’d like to once again welcome @nwg, @PackRat and @cog to the ArchLabs team. Great to have you all onboard.

A couple of extra cool additions, but I’ll let you discover them on your own. More details, albeit brief, at the Release Notes and ArchLabs home page.

If you’d like to donate, feel free to become an ArchLabs Patron. Thank you to those who already support us there, every bit counts to keep the lights on.

Thank you to those who just use ArchLabs, you make it all worthwhile.

Thanks to the team for their hard work. This release I think is that little more special.

Spread the word about the release and if you encounter any issues, please post them in the appropriate categories (especially regarding the new additional window managers).

Download.

Cheers and beers

Dobbie and the ArchLabs Team.

16 Likes

Fantastic work, I am really looking forward to it and thank the entire team for their great efforts! It’s this and our great community that keeps ArchLabs the very special one among many!

2 Likes

Downloading now…

2 Likes

Good job, solid release.

2 Likes

Great work!

Can we let distrowatch.com publish the new release?

2 Likes

Not a fan of Distrowatch. They’ll pick it up no doubt.

5 Likes

Thanks Team, was looking to do a fresh install on one of my PC’s this weekend.

3 Likes

Top work to the team again, keep it on fellas !

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone involved awesome way to start the new year.
Be home soon.

1 Like

Finally!

4 Likes

This is my chance to finally give Sway a go, splendid work, can’t wait to dive in. Thank you all for your time and dedication!

3 Likes

Enjoy!!

The Sway session is very nice as is the dk.

3 Likes

Sway & Virtualbox aren’t playing nicely for me. Can’t get past the login screen.

Turn on hardware accel for display and there’s something else you have to do for the cursor. It’s a limitation of VMs with wlroots compositors.

Here’s NWGs instuctuons.

4 Likes

@Dobbie03 , you may want to contact Jesse Smith at distrowatch and ask him to correct “Desktop” and “Category” fields. It simply turns off viewers’ interest to try the distro.

https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=archlabs

Personally that doesn’t worry me, I suppose it’s technically true as we really don’t have any default desktop. I understand that we used to push Openbox as the default but AL has moved past that now.

I’d prefer if AL wasn’t listed there fullstop. You are more than welcome to contact them on our behalf but I think you’d be wasting your time going off previous personal interactions with Distrowatch.

1 Like

Pretty decent download numbers this week.

2022-01-23-@07-49-08-scrot

5 Likes

I’m running the new download with dwm (my version) and i3wm (also my version). … because I can. This runs as slick as “goose grease” (folksie jargon). ;

2 Likes

Installed this morning Thanks for including i3-gaps & dk butter smooth. :yum:

2 Likes