Hey cool !
There is already a file in there for touchpad, 40-touchpad.conf or something, same settings so I’m not sure.
in fact after install with i3 i have only 00-keyboard.conf file
I have add the 30-touchpad.conf and all is fine
Thanks for your work.
Works great. Thanks a lot to the team for providing such a ‘clean’ UI/UX.
Top Job @Dobbie03 been a while since I have been here… but check back from time to time for updates and what not. Archlabs has been one of my favorite distro and still use it along side my windows install (for work)
Now time to go and check the latest version.
Thanks 99% of the credit goes to @natemaia. I just get the kudos from announcing the release
Thank you @natemaia
i have done a new install but with openbox. All is fine during installation, and finally the 40-touchpad.conf is here. It seems it is link with i3 installation.
I complete thsi message, all is fine too with dwm installation.
So it seems it is very link with only i3 config installation.
Installed on my desktop without any trouble, (Archlabs+Openbox).
However I have been unable so far installing it on my Sony Vaio laptop. The Flashdrive that booted okay on the desktop, refuses to boot on the laptop. Might it be related to the USB port (USB2 on the desktop, USB3 on the laptop)?.
I could try to add a USB3 hub that has USB2 ports and tryt to boot from the hub…
Any additional suggestion?.
thanks in advance.
Won’t be related to the usb type so I wouldn’t bother with a dock.
Do you have secure boot disabled on this machine? Your best bet would be to check the bios for options related to boot, sometimes they have usb boot disabled for security (a vaio I worked on in the past did).
Thanks for the quick answer. I use to boot different distros in this machine quite often without trouble, so I do not think is related to Bios. Maybe the USB stick, I’ll try with a different one.
It’s fantastic. Everything works brilliantly well
I do have one problem with OpenVPN (Cyberghost config) where it refuses to connect with an error, but I had the same on Manjaro and must be related to Gnome or something. Haven’t figured it out yet
First, I want to say that AL is my very favorite! The design aesthetics, installer, and general community are first rate! Congratulations on this release!
While trying this latest release, I have run into a snag that I am now in the process of researching: hung on loading initial ramdisk…
The early 2020 iso did not give me this issue.
I have a 2018 Lenovo Flex3-1580 80R4 with Intel Core i7 6500U and NVIDIA GeForce 940M
Because my schedule is so busy, I will be troubleshooting intermittently in the next few days, but my initial hunch is to perform a chroot kernel downgrade and see if it was a driver issue. I am hesitant to mess with grub at this time, unless told otherwise.
If someone wants to give me some pointers that might save me some time and put a spotlight on a possible solution I would appreciate it greatly!
Boot into a live environment using USB. Mount & chroot to the installation drive partition. Check /boot to see if all kernel images present. Then check if grub is properly configured. If needed, mkconfig and install the grub again.
I would also recommend a fs check on your installation partition.
Try disabling graphical boot by adding
systemd.unit=multi-user.target to the kernel cmdline (press e at the grub screen and add it to the end of the line).
You likely need to install gpu drivers for the nvidia card you have, does the machine have dual graphics?
Congratulations to the devs and maintainers and whoever else deserves the credit. The installer works flawlessly now and I was up and running in a few minutes. You really took the hassle out of the process.
In my previous attempt (the link is just for reference) there were some problems which forced me to use a beta ISO instead of the actual released one at the time to install successfully. Such problems did not occur this time and for me as a more casual (non-expert) Linux user this shows progress. Take this as my expression of appreciation for the effort you guys put in.
Thank you! I will be playing around more with these methods!
Thank you for the suggestions! The very first thing I tried was to go in from the grub screen and deleted the “rw” at the end of the kernel line. It booted right up. Now to make it persistent… and understand the ramifications of doing so (or changing it to “ro”). Lots to read.