ArchLabs 2018.12 Release

Hi ArchLabbers.

The day is finally here, almost 6 months after our last release, 2018.12 is ready to go.

The full release changelog can be viewed here.

As usual, any general issues please post here at the forum. Any ArchLabs specific issues need to be opened at BitBucket.

Thank you to all. Thank you to those who tested, you know who you are :smiley:

Cheers Matt, Nate and the team.

Some existing installs that are updating will need manual intervention as some of the AL packages have changed.

Before updating, please remove the archlabs-user-skel package, as it conflicts with the new package.

Additionally, we recommend you install the archlabs-scripts package, as some functionaility has been migrated there.

Also, for existing users, archlabs-ksuperkey may need to be reinstalled as well after the update.

Can't start polybar from openbox menu
Bugs compositor
Cannot use my Nvidia card after full system update
I do not start the polybar when I log in
Hello ArchLabs!
Archlabs openbox config on archlinux install, is it possible?
Recent update woes
Lost polybar after upgrade, and the zshell does not have the pretty icon anymore, :-(
Need help, archlabs-user-skel
pinned #2

unpinned #3

pinned globally #4

Congrats!

Here we go again!

Good work!

Congrats, thank you and YES!!

during pacman -Syu I had multiple conflicting files in /etc/skel owned by archlabs-user-skel

may the --force be with you!

Thank you very much !! :+1::+1::+1::+1:

Looks very cool. Thank you!

Hey ArchLabbers!

Some existing installs that are updating will need manual intervention as some of the AL packages have changed.

Before updating, please remove the archlabs-user-skel package, as it conflicts with the new package.

Additionally, we recommend you install the archlabs-scripts package, as some functionaility has been migrated there.

Happy Holidays!

Bugs compositor
Can't start polybar from openbox menu

Good work Team AL.

Ohh I was wondering why some scripts disappeared (al-compositor). Nice.

It would be interesting to add this information to the top.

After updating, my polybar has disappeared, I have already done all the procedures and she does not come back

Yeah, when I was updating, polybar was having issues updating saying that certain packages already exists. I just removed the packages that interfered with the update in the skel directory.

And as @LionessAlana said install the archlabs-scripts then your .zsh and .bash will continue to work, good as new.

Good advice LionessAlana,
Thank you very much !
Happy Holidays! to you.

Thx for the hard work to the team here.

Congratulations and thank you for yet another awesome release!

I just ran into this issue, the link to announcement post says it’s unavailable, it takes me to the suspended page.

For anyone trying to see the announcement, you can still read it via Google’s cache server.

Somehow our page was caught in their spam filter. It’s good to go now.