ArchLabs 2018.12 Release

Good work!

Congrats, thank you and YES!!

1 Like

during pacman -Syu I had multiple conflicting files in /etc/skel owned by archlabs-user-skel

may the --force be with you!

1 Like

Thank you very much !! :+1::+1::+1::+1:

Looks very cool. Thank you!

Good work Team AL.

1 Like

Ohh I was wondering why some scripts disappeared (al-compositor). Nice.

1 Like

It would be interesting to add this information to the top.

After updating, my polybar has disappeared, I have already done all the procedures and she does not come back

1 Like

Yeah, when I was updating, polybar was having issues updating saying that certain packages already exists. I just removed the packages that interfered with the update in the skel directory.

And as @anon52460207 said install the archlabs-scripts then your .zsh and .bash will continue to work, good as new.

2 Likes

Good advice LionessAlana,
Thank you very much !
Happy Holidays! to you.

2 Likes

Thx for the hard work to the team here.

3 Likes

Congratulations and thank you for yet another awesome release!

I just ran into this issue, the link to announcement post says it’s unavailable, it takes me to the suspended page.

For anyone trying to see the announcement, you can still read it via Google’s cache server.

1 Like

Somehow our page was caught in their spam filter. It’s good to go now.

1 Like

I’ve been with the new version for a day and I’m amazed. Apart from that I have not had problems installing it, I would like to review the archlabs-installer, because it is clean, clear and precise. Congratulations for all your work!

2 Likes

Looking forward to try it out, thanks, and Happy holidays everybody! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank @Dobbie03, @natemaia, and all staff.

You bloody lovely person Dobbie!

@ector don’t forget Nate and the rest of the team.

@DatNobleSavage, thank you though I am sure there are some who would disagree.

2 Likes

From your change log:

no graphical live environment, you’re dropped into the console and go from there

I haven’t worked with it, but it is a fully functional cli environment isn’t it; like Slackware’s installation media? If so, that makes it an awesome choice for rescue media, disk prep, pen testing … that sort of thing.

1 Like

Pretty much exactly that. You manually start the installer or you can do all your rescue, partitioning etc.

2 Likes