Arch Linux vs Manjaro vs Garuda vs EndeavourOS - Speed Test!

No AL, seriously? :grinning:

2 Likes

Results were pretty much what I expected.

2 Likes

For the average schmo, pick a card … any card. Would scrap the charts & stick strickly to side-by-sides for the entire video … the camera never lies. :smiley:

2 Likes

MacBookPro 9,2 AL-21-05 reboots in 19.2 seconds.

womp

1 Like

Gee that s pretty fast in there @womp

1 Like

Macbookpros are fast booting and rebooting and I am running on window managers only nowadays! (openbox,I3, and bspwm)

womp

2 Likes

Didn t know that they were fast like that, thx for the comeback @womp

1 Like

The older mbps are actually somewhat suitable for linux. It is mostly the bcm-wireless cards that can be a problem. They are very well buildt! Hardware fits perfect together.

womp

1 Like

Use wl driver for bcm wireless card.

Still have no idea why Garuda is so popular

Because it has the bells and whistles.

3 Likes

Yep, some bling blings

2 Likes

When I was 19 I wanted a women with all the bells and whistles, now I want one that can cook and clean. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

lol, the best thing I guess.

1 Like

That’s it? :grinning:

1 Like

Considering his test machine has way more balls than my Thinkpad, my Thinkpad boots faster than all four of his installations. Tests like these are useful only for the guy posting the tests, as far as a way to monetize his channel. It’s like taking out a stopwatch and timing NFL wide receivers running routes after the ball is snapped to see which wide receiver is faster. Never mind his combine times, that’s a potential wide receiver sprinting in a straight line without any pads or helmet for draft scouts, while not facing a defense, who has to run a wheel route against the shutdown cornerback who is just as fast, with a safety defender over the top. Only to have the quarterback check away from that wide receiver, who pulled the defensive coverage towards the left side of the field, and then the quarterback checks to the tight end, or dumps off to the running back.

1 Like

Just for fun. Some of his test cases are meaningless, for example, boot time. It depends on how many and what services your system is configured to start. A system which has wait-online and reflector enabled surely will boot up slower than other systems w/o.

2 Likes

His system is obviously a desktop system, I dunno if there is a reason why to reboot a big box machine or power up and down each use with a workstation. Laptops, of course one has to boot up and down.

Yes!!
But I have read alot about it and for some broadcom-wl doesn´t work well. Alot of fiddling before most cases get solved.

womp

Hear hear!

womp

1 Like