Application not displaying in rofi

Hi,

I’m having trouble getting an application to show in rofi.

I have an appimage file that I would like to launch from the rofi menu, for which I have made a .desktop file (included below). The .desktop file is located in /usr/share/applications and executes the appimage when double-clicked but no entry shows in the rofi menu.

The content of the .desktop file is as follows:

[Desktop Entry]

Type=Application

# The version of the desktop entry specification to which this file complies
Version=1.0

# The name of the application
Name=RuneLite
GenericName=RuneLite

# Icon
Icon=/usr/share/icons/ArchLabs-Dark/64x64/devices/joystick.svg

# A comment which can/will be used as a tooltip
Comment=Lightweight OSRS Client

# The executable of the application, possibly with arguments.
Exec=/home/tom/Desktop/RuneLite.AppImage %F

# Describes whether this application needs to be run in a terminal or not
Terminal=false

# Describes the categories in which this entry should be shown
Categories=Games;

I’ve been through all the help articles I can find on this topic and haven’t found a solution. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, and please let me know if there is any other information I should include.

No idea why it doesn’t appear in rofi, but it should work well with nwggrid. Forgive me this self-advertisement. :wink:

Also: you can add your custom .desktop files in ~/.local/share/applications.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve tried out nwggrid and while it looks great once loaded and shows all the entries I’d expect it to, I’m getting some very brief but distracting flashes/graphical glitches each time I open the grid. I’m using i3-gaps - is this something you’ve come across before?

Here’s an example of what I mean:

Well, on X11 you need picom, so all the ugly artifacts are possible. It never happens on sway.

Hi @tomraistrick, I think the rofi menu your using is run but you want drun?

2 Likes

It does indeed work perfectly in sway. Thanks

@natemaia, thank you so much. The problem was that I had forgotten to enable drun in rofi’s combi menu.

1 Like