ArchLabs Linux

About fish shell

Hi everyone, I have a good question, I don’t know if it’s okay here, but it’s about fish shell, does anyone use it here?
Because I need help, something not very important but for me it is aesthetically, as you will see in the image I use fish no Bash, specifically a theme installed from OH MY FISH, but I have searched the web, and in the same description of the author of the theme, but I can’t find the answer, as you see in the image in one of the terminals by default it appears without my username, and in the other yes, but for this I must write a command, then when closing the terminal and return to open, it reappears without my username, does anyone know, how or where I can configure, so that when opening terminal by default it appears with my username?

I hope someone can help me, maybe it’s something very simple to do, but my head doesn’t give more, and I’ve searched a lot, I’ve seen the settings, but I don’t know how to do it.

Greetings friends

I don’t use fish, see if they give you the info you need here
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fish#Setting_fish_as_interactive_shell_only

or

wiki man page fish
https://fishshell.com/docs/current/tutorial.html#tut_switching_to_fish

Without knowing the theme name or seeing the script I can’t help sorry. Please post the theme script or whatever they are calling it and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

I am using the theme bobthefish that appears in the list of themes of OH MY FISH, that is why I do not know if what I need is working on the theme itself or the FISH configuration by default.

You can test that by loading fish without any configuration. I highly doubt it’s default though, most shells stick to very simple PS1s as defaults.

In the readme of that theme he says

• User@Host (unless you’re the default user)

Meaning you can set it to do what you like with a bit of configuration in your fish config. The bit of script that does this in the prompt is here

At the top of the script he has some helpful comments

Wherein you can override some default settings for the theme by adding commands to your fish config

# set yourself as the default user
set -g default_user YOUR_USERNAME

# disable showing username in the prompt entirely
set -g theme_display_user no

# disable showing hostname in the prompt entirely
set -g theme_display_hostname no