4 Best Linux Phones for privacy in 2021

Heck, they’re not cheap. PinePhone is cheap, but does it work? :grinning:

2 Likes

That’s why they’re the best for privacy, because they don’t. Nobody can steal data of it can’t transmit data.

I think they are like Yeti: everyone has heard, no one has seen. :rofl:

2 Likes

Two tin cans & a string?!?!?

2 Likes

Watched some review vids on YT. The guy was trying to demonstrate basic phone calls & text messaging on a PinePhone. He called the PinePhone from another line and the PinePhine didn’t ring at all and the message arrived in a few minutes. That was embarrassing. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Sooner or later people recognize that these proof of concept Linux phones just plain suck. You want Linux on your phone? Just download a terminal app and SSH into your Linux computer. Otherwise, the Pine Phone and the likes aren’t just Ubuntu Phone bad, they are Hooli Phone bad:

1 Like

JFC the price on this one is whack:

The Purism Librem 5 is one of only a handful of smartphones designed to run free and open source GNU/Linux distributions like Purism’s custom PureOS software. It’s also one of the most expensive, currently selling for $899.

But it’s going to get even more expensive soon. In a move foreshadowed earlier this year, Purism recently announced that prices will go up this fall due at least in part to rising supply chain costs due to the global chip shortage. Customers who place an order after November 1, 2021 will have to pay $1199. And in March, 2022 the price will go up to $1299.

That’s iPhone expensive.

1 Like

That’s insane. I will keep my iPhone.