2 hour download!?

Hi!
I am having big problems with my asus laptop with hybrid graphics (nvidia/intel).
I am downloading latest iso now (to chroot).
I there a download mirror? I only get 15-20k and that means 2 hour download.

womp

1 Like

Wholly crap, wonder why it takes so long.

****ing SourceForge…

They do have other mirrors, click on the “Problems Downloading?” button to try some different ones.

If they’re all slow then just download an Arch ISO image instead, that can be used for rescue with arch-chroot. The Debian ISO images also offer a rescue mode that will open a shell in an installed system and even connect to the interweb beforehand.

If you have an existing arch installation you could build an ISO, it only takes 5-10 min.
https://bitbucket.org/archlabslinux/iso

1 Like

Weird, sourceforge for me is insanely quick. If you don’t want to use Nates idea I can upload to Mega for you.

Thanks for interest guys!
I did 4 attempts to download yesterday night but they all failed in the end. I used the October-19-iso to chroot but I haven’t done any “operation” yet. I am fairly certain that it has to do with the update of Optimus-manager because changing display-manager did not help.

When it comes to downloading Archlabs it would be great to have the possibility to torrent!

I tried the link “problems downloading” but that link was so slow that it gave up! I think I was unlucky with some temporary disturbance! Will try after work again.

If someone has knowledge on how to get a handle on how to troubleshoot hybrid gpu problems and have a moment to give me a hint in the right direction? It’s day 4 without my main Linux system.

A friend of mine has an old Mac-mini 4,1 (mid-2010. Apple gave up support for it 2 years ago) and I have shown him Archlabs. He wants me to install AL on it. Yesterday I didn’t succeed (with oct-19-iso) but I will try tonight again. oct-19-iso did boot after hanging for 15 minutes and then the installer hung near the end of installation!
I also tried Endeavour OS on the Mac-mini but it wouldn’t even boot. I used to be ablel to install to Macs but that was a few years back, things have changed!

womp

1 Like

Wonder if you try to download something else just for the heck of it what it would do !

I have checked internet. No problems. I will try again when I get home. I live in Sweden (very strange country nowadays).

womp

1 Like

Oh, something s weird in there somehow, wonder why only AL .

Guess it was mentioned above in SourceForge, try with

Problem Downloading

!

Click on it & try different mirrors & see what it does for you.

Well I have my view on it but it’s a long (and probably boring) story. I started with our Primeminister’s assassination in 1986.

And today there seem to be very little concern about all the deaths we have here in corona!!
It’s business as usual. Really strange!!

I will test downloading as soon as I get home form work!

womp

Oh ok, just to make shure we understand each other, took a screenshoot to what I meant, it might help you out;

1 Like

Great!!

Yesterday I wasn’t able to get that far!!

womp

1 Like

lol, that s some progress !

1 Like

Try with different mirrors & check for speed results.

Edit; 1 Click on Downlods,2 click on Problem Downloading,&3 try different mirrors, the way to go.

Just try this one to see what it does on your side;

https://sourceforge.net/projects/archlabs-linux-minimo/files/ArchLabsMinimo/archlabs-2020.05.04.iso/download?use_mirror=iweb

1 Like

The link that Altman gave works great!!

Thanks!!

Soon I will be ready to “play”!

womp

1 Like

Glad it worked for you @womp

I assume that 5-10 minutes is on a reasonably modern machine. Quad or dual core?

1 Like

@womp, see if Mega is quicker for you

https://mega.nz/file/XkhEVCRL#enosDdF_zxK7wYiaGjnerPU9Jrqlp_piLXeNFIVCcpk

1 Like